Monday, October 14, 2013

Candied Jalapeno Ingredients
1 lbs jalapeno peppers
3/4 White vinegar
2 cups sugar
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp celery seed
Wearing gloves, I removed and discarded the stems from the jalapenos then sliced them in to 1/4-1/8 inch rounds.
In a pot, I combined the cider vinegar, sugar, garlic, turmeric, celery seed, cayenne pepper and mustard seed and brought the mixture to a boil. I then reduced the heat and simmered for 5 minutes.
 Added the jalapeno slices and simmered for another 4 minutes
Using a slotted spoon, I transferred the peppers to a clean, sterile canning jar, leaving at least 1/4 inch of room from the top. I turned the heat up on the liquid and boiled hard for 6 minutes. Using a ladle, I poured the boiling syrup in to the jar over the jalapeno slices.
Insert a chopstick to the bottom of the jar a few times to release any air bubbles then wiped the rim of the jar with a clean, damp paper towel and closed it snugly (but not too tight) with the two-piece lid.
 I Flip the jar upside down and let it sit until the pressure and heat caused it to seal.

No comments:

Post a Comment